Friday, February 18, 2011

Bhagat Ravidaas Sahib Jee...

ਚਿਤ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਕਰਉ ਨੈਨ ਅਵਿਲੋਕਨੋ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਬਾਨੀ ਸੁਜਸੁ ਪੂਰਿ ਰਾਖਉ ||
chit simran karo nain avilokano sravan baanee sujas poor raakho |
(My prayer is that) in my consciousness I continue remembering You; with my eyes, I continue beholding You; and keep Your Bani (Divine Word) and Your beautiful Praises filled in my ears.

ਮਨੁ ਸੁ ਮਧੁਕਰੁ ਕਰਉ ਚਰਨ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਧਰਉ ਰਸਨ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਭਾਖਉ ||੧||
man su madhukar karo charan hirde dharo rasan amrit raam naam bhaakho |1|
May my mind continue being the bumble bee, enshrining Your lotus-feet within my heart, and with my tongue, may continue chanting life-giving Name of God. ||1||

ਮੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿਉ ਜਿਨਿ ਘਟੈ ||
meree preet gobind sio jin ghattai |
(I am fearful that may) my love for the Lord of the Universe never decrease.

ਮੈ ਤਉ ਮੋਲਿ ਮਹਗੀ ਲਈ ਜੀਅ ਸਟੈ ||੧|| ਰਹਾਉ ||
mai tau mol mehagee lee jeea sattai |1| rahaao |
I paid for it dearly, in exchange for my soul. ||1||Pause and reflect||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਭਾਉ ਨਹੀ ਊਪਜੈ ਭਾਵ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਇ ਤੇਰੀ ||
saadh-sangath binaa bhaao nehee oopjai bhaav bin bhagat nahee hoe teree |
(But this) love does not well up without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; and without this love, Your devotional worship cannot be performed.

ਕਹੈ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਇਕ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਪੈਜ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਮੇਰੀ ||੨||੨||
kehai ravidaas ek bentee har sio paij raakhahu raajaa raam meree |2|2|
Ravi Daas offers this one prayer unto the Lord: O Lord, my King! (I have to Your sanctuary) please preserve and protect my honour. ||2||2||
(Ang 694)



Many happy returns to everyone on the janam divas (birth day) of Bhagat Ravidaas Sahib jee.

No comments: